An opportunity exists for a consultant engineer, to work in our technical team serving a range of industries. The position will be based in our offices in Bristol and Derby, UK.
Who Are Norton Straw Consultants?
We provide technical engineering and management consultancy services to a range of industries. Our team are technical leaders and innovators and always up for a challenge. We help our customers understand and solve their toughest challenges using practical engineering knowledge and cutting-edge modelling and simulation.
Why work for Norton Straw Consultants?
It’s an exciting time to join our team of engineers and applied mathematicians. You will have the opportunity to tackle a wide range of technical challenges across many industries and to become part of and help shape our vibrant and growing company. If the thought of taking the initiative, developing yourself and taking on new challenges our sounds exciting we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants the opportunity to work within a small, dynamic and growing engineering team;
- Likes to be challenged and isn’t intimidated by new or difficult problems;
- Enjoys customer interaction and is looking to take responsibility for their work;
- Can deliver engineering projects independently with awareness of quality, budget and timescale.
This role will require you to:
- Work and think on your feet in a rapidly evolving and growing business; Interact with and get to know our customers to understand and help solve their engineering challenges;
- Use numerical and simulation tools (such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics or other mathematical system modelling methods), to develop novel solutions to complex engineering problems;
- Scope, manage and deliver engineering consultancy projects across a range of applications and industries;
- Work independently within a team of specialist engineers.
To be considered for this role you need to have:
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant engineering or mathematical discipline;
- A proven track record working on projects, involving the analysis of real-world problems using computational methods;
- Experience in a range of engineering analysis tools;
- Previous experience of delivering projects in a consultancy environment would be an advantage;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.