Would you like to work in a dynamic and growing digital services and engineering consultancy, with an opportunity to develop new skills with complex IT infrastructure? We are looking for a new IT Support Technician to our engineering staff and high-performance computing to facilities. This includes support and maintain computers, networks, servers, cloud environments, hardware and software.
You should have a proven track record of supporting an organisation within an IT support role as well as strong technical knowledge of Windows operating systems, software and administering 365 cloud services.
Location and hours
The standard working hours for this role are 40 hours per week based in our head office in Derby. You will also be expected to provide effective support to three UK sites (Derby, Bristol and Cambridge) both remotely and on-site. A driving license is essential for the role as some site visits are involved and all transport costs are covered.
We are looking for someone with the following skills – Essential:
- Ability to diagnose and resolve hardware issues on laptops, workstations, network equipment, and peripherals
- A methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting
- Ability to provide technical user support for Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Cloud Services
- A solid understanding of networking fundamentals – DNS / DHCP / TCP/IP
- An understanding and respect of IT security standards and principles
- An understanding of Active Directory and supporting group policy
- Ability to co-ordinate third party hardware repair and service suppliers
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to tackle a range of problems in a growing business
- Ability to provide technical support for Windows Server 2016/2019 and hypervisors
- Software deployment and packaging experience
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash
- Server Infrastructure Management
- Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Backup Solutions